Amplified beauty may be a drop of oil away. Achieving gleaming hair, radiant skin and healthy nails is a lot easier than one might think. A possible solution lies within essential oils. Due to years of witnessed benefits essential oils have secured their place in the natural beauty world. Many have found that essential oils can benefit one in ways other than fragrance and aromatherapy. For example they are a natural and chemical free alternatives to traditional and potentially toxic fragrances. Along with smelling amazing essential oils may have the ability to heal, detoxify, balance the body at the cellular level.
Below you will find a brief overview of the beauty benefits of essential oils discussed in the “Essential Oils for Radiant Skin and Hair” by Anne Medlin.
- Contain No Harmful Chemicals – Essential oils are organic substances made by concentrating the volatile liquid extracted from particular plants. Since they are not chemically based, essential oils are thought to help the body get back to homeostasis into balance without causing side effects. Ensure that the essential oils you choose are of therapeutic grade and not perfume grade since these may contain harmful chemicals.
- Essential Oils Have Oxygenating Properties – Since essential oils contain oxygen molecules, they may have the capacity to transfer nutrients to cells that are oxygen or nutrient deprived. It is a well-known fact that lack of oxygen within the body can increase the chances of disease, a shortage of red blood cells and an atmosphere for the bacteria and viruses to thrive.
- Provide Protection against Cancer – Studies show that of the current cancers, only 40% are linked to genetics. Lung cancer, stomach cancer and breast cancer are approximately 27% genetic based. That means that most of the cancer causes are due to a persons lifestyle. Lifestyle may include food, products, living environment, and even stress.
- They Can Help To Relieve Pain – Some essential oils have a natural anti-inflammatory. These essentials oils are often recommended as a holistic home remedy for pain. Some studies suggest they may also benefit bone structures, torn muscles, and various other human emergencies.
- Can Instantly Infiltrate the Skin & Cell Membranes – Another of the beauty benefits of essential oils is their ability to instantly penetrate the skin and cell membranes. Oils traverse the brain-blood barrier to get to the amygdale and other parts of the brain that control human emotions, behaviors and moods. As a result, they can help you with your stress, anger, anxiety or any other emotion that may be troubling you.
- Contain High Amounts of Antioxidants – As it is well known, antioxidants may help reduce the risk of age related conditions. They help prevent the mutation of cells, in addition to eliminating free radicals. Many essential oils have their ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) documented. ORAC is the measure of a food item’s antioxidant capacity.
- Provide a Hostile Environment for Organisms That Are Dangerous To the Human Cell – If you use essential oils, organisms such as parasites, fungus, virus, bacteria and others that are dangerous to the human cell may be combatted. Studies reveal that essential oils including Tea Tree, Thyme, Peppermint and Lavender essential oils are effective against VRE and MRSA. Over 99 percent of airborne bacteria can be killed in just 12 minutes by diffusing a blend of Thieves essential oil.
- Well-situated, Easy, and Quick to Use – Essential oils can be worn during the day; can be diffused in your work place/home; or simply kept in your pocket. They are commonly used in massage or to enhance concentration and meditation.
- The other beauty benefits of essential oils include
- Regenerate the skin
- Preventing hair loss and contributing to nice looking hair
- Relieve digestive upsets
- Relieve and promote the healing of scrapes, wounds and sunburns
- Improve immune, urinary and circulatory systems
- Support the immune system
- They can help you to let go of all the abusive or childhood memories that may be haunting you.
It is up to you to determine what holistic care may benefit your health and wellbeing. Essential oils are definitely worth the research and consideration. Essential oils can offer a nontoxic cleaning alternative. Selecting the right essential oil can treat topical ailments like athletes foot. Peppermint oil for example can help ease the discomfort of stomach upset. With a little time, practice, and learning you can achieve a more organic quality of life with essential oils. Say goodbye to chemicals and hello to mother nature.